Welcome to Middle School Math!
Live math course for learners ages 11 - 14
Meets Once a week for 40 minutes
This course is ideal for students whether homeschooled, private or public school who want to learn middle school math essentials based on the principles of true education. Students enrolled in this course will receive practical, bible-based mathematics instruction with a certified math teacher.
*Students who cannot meet live will receive a recording.
Throughout this course students will learn how to manage family finances and complete a simple research project to help them see math in real life. Students will learn in a hands on, interactive online forum. As students master the skills we will move onto the next skills.
In this course students will learn:
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide integers (approx. 2 lessons).
- How to perform operations with exponents and perform the order of operations (approx. 3-4 lessons).
- How to find the greatest common factor and least common multiples (approx. 2 lessons).
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions (approx. 6 lessons).
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals (approx. 6 lessons).
- How to convert fractions, decimals and percent (approx. 3 lessons).
- How to keep the family budget (approx. 2 lessons).
- How to solve one step linear equations or inequalities (approx. 6 lessons).
- How to complete an IRL Math - Math In Real Life research project (approx. 2 lessons).
Students will join the live lessons via Zoom.us .While is it strongly encouraged to use the desktop/laptop you may also join via phone.
If you are interested in this class, but your child is unable to attend a live class, you may register to receive a recording of the live class each session as well as any materials.
Students should meet the following system requirements:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (or a Cell Phone with those capabilities)
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in (or a Cell Phone with those capabilities)
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at [email protected] or call 404.644.8391.