Learn the basic foundations of algebra and master equations with live lessons from a certified math teacher.
Live math course for learners ages 11 - 16
Meets 3 times a week for 30 minutes
Pre-Algebra is a live math course that meets three times a week for 30 minutes.
This course is ideal for students whether homeschooled, private or public school who want to learn the basic foundations of algebra and master equations.
*Students who cannot meet live will receive a recording.
Pre-Algebra is the first math course before high school and
will guide you through among other things numbers and properties, operations
with rational numbers (including integers and fractions), patterns,
expressions, equations and inequalities, graphing and functions. After successfully completing this course,
students will be ready to move on to Algebra I.
In this course students will learn:
- The basics of numbers and their properties.
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide integers with like and unlike signs.
- How to add, subtract, multiply and divide rational numbers (fractions) with like and unlike denominators and signs.
- How to use the order of operations including absolute value.
- How to simplify exponents and use the property of exponents.
- How to simplify expressions with variables using properties.
- How to solve one-step equations with whole numbers and rational numbers.
- How to solve two-step equations with whole numbers.
- How to solve one-step inequalities with integers.
- How to graph on a number line and coordinate plane.
- How to find the slope.
- How to graph linear equations in slope-intercept form.
- How to solve systems of linear equations by graphing.
- How to identify, evaluate and find the range of a function.
Students will join the live lessons via Zoom.us .While is it strongly encouraged to use the desktop/laptop you may also join via phone.
If you are interested in this class, but your child is unable to attend a live class, you may register to receive a recording of the live class each session as well as any materials.
Students should meet the following system requirements:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth (or a Cell Phone with those capabilities)
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in (or a Cell Phone with those capabilities)
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
While registration is only $15, the total price of this course is $500 one time fee or $65 per month for 9 months per family.
- $500/year OR
- $65/month for 9 months
Cost includes all the materials. Assignments are given and reviewed in class, however, all assessments are graded by the parent who is provided with an answer key.
Families will be sent an invoice via PayPal from [email protected] starting August 25, 2019. You do NOT need to have a PayPal account to pay the invoice.
Monthly payments not received by the 5th day of the month will incur a late fee of $30.
If it is necessary for a student to withdraw from the course, the following refund policy will apply:
A. Registration fees will not be refunded.
B. Course fee will be refunded on a prorated basis.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at [email protected] or call 404.644.8391.
My name is Andrea Hall and I am a certified teacher and homeschool educator. I have been teaching for over 13 years both in the traditional classroom as well as online. I am certified to teach all levels of math in the states of Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina and Arkansas. I have taught science, standardized test preparation, as well as study skills.
I left the traditional classroom in 2010 to homeschool my three kids teaching all subjects from reading to science to math. During that time I served as an editor with Ellechor Publishing Company, served as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for online schools as well as designed an ACT Test Preparation program. To this day I still teach online part time while homeschooling full time.
An interesting fact was that not only am I an analytical thinker but I am also an artist. My work has been display in an exhibit (this was before children).
I love teaching Mathematics, Science, English, History, Art, Study Skills and Standardized Test Preparation. I pretty much love teaching and I love learning.
My desire is to create a love for learning one equation at a time.
My students describe me as "Corny but Cool". I look forward to teaching you!
Check out my TeachersPayTeachers store at http://teacherspayteachers.com/store/the-study-hal... for additional resources for your child and....
Follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thestudyhalledu